HEALING PROPERTES OF THERMAL MINERAL WATER
Thermal mineral water of Laktaši Thermal Spa has been known for its healing properties and positive effects on human health since ancient times for which there is material evidence.
Thermal mineral water of Laktaši Thermal Spa is used for as an aiding cure for the following: treatment of disease of locomotor system, cardiovascular diseases, eye diseases, neurological disorders, aging-associated diseases, and also it is used for recreation and relaxation.
The water is clear, colourless, and odorless, without sediments and with little gas content.
Thermal mineral water of Laktaši Thermal Spa is classified as calcium-magnesium, hydrogen-carbonate, carbonic-acid, oligomineral rich homeothermic water, the temperature of which reaches approximately 310C. Calcium and magnesium ions, as well as hydrogen-carbonate ions, which are very important for human body, dominate in the anion-cation composition. The additional quality is quality of dissolved carbon dioxide (CO2) of 1.25 g/l.
According to the abovementioned water quality, thermal mineral water of Laktaši Thermal Spa, is used for balneo-therapeutic purposes as an aiding cure by either bathing and drinking.
WATER DRINKING INDICATIONS
Drinking of the thermal mineral water of LAKTAŠI THERMAL SPA has positive effects on:
- chronic gastritis and duodenitis
- functional disorders of the stomach and intestines
- chronic acalculous cholecystitis
- condition after cholecystectomy
- biliary dyskinesia
- diseases of the kidneys and urinary tract (micro-urolithiasis, condition after removal of calculi from the urinary tract, chronic cystitis)
WATER BATHING INDICATIONS
Bathing in the thermal mineral water of LAKTAŠI THERMAL SPA has positive effects on:
- eye diseases: chronic conjunctivitis and blepharoconjunctivitis, condition after cataract surgery, eye damage and fatigue in people who are spending much time in front of video display terminals or are exposed to light effects;
- diseases of neurovegetative system: extrapyramidal syndrome, Parkinson’s disease, funicular myelosis, condition after stroke, light to medium level hemiparesis in the first 2 to 3 months of occurrence, vertebrobasilar disorder;
- psychiatric disorders: anxiety neurosis, depressive neurosis, anxiety and depressive neurosis, neurasthenia disorder, psychotic disorders under medications, stressful situations, managerial syndrome;
- endocrine diseases – under medications: struma diff. gl. thyreoideae, struma nodosa gl. thyreoideae, Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, hyperthyreosis, diabetes mellitus and complications caused by diabetes, metabolic disorders;
- cardiovascular diseases: all types of hypertension, essential hypertension, conditions after myocardial infarction, angina pectoris, varicose veins, post-thrombotic (postphlebitic) syndrome, peripheral vascular diseases, Raynaud’s phenomenon, Buerger’s disease;
- occupational diseases and work-related diseases;
- musculoskeletal diseases: degenerative articular and extra-articular rheumatism – spondylosis, gonarthrosis, chronic inflammatory rheumatism in a calm phase – rheumatoid arthritis, lupus erythematoides, dermatomiositis, discopathia, myalgia, condition after injuries and surgical interventions on the bones and joints;
- recreation and revitalization: recreation for healthy people, revitalization of various conditions, such as chronic fatigue, stress, poor memory and concentration, reduced sexual ability, etc.